Friday, October 22, 2010

Super Yummy French Bread



Last time I was at the Prepared Pantry I saw this base for French Bread. Curious I decided to give it a try. It was sooo good. It had that distinct french bread taste. I've tried to make homemade French bread before. It was good, but tasted like regular homemade bread.

The instructions included were fairly easy to follow, but not quite simplified enough for me.
If you get a chance to get some of this awesome stuff and want an easier method, here is what I did:
Ingredients:
One cup Base for French Bread
2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees)
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1 seven-gram packet of yeast
Put all ingredients in your bread maker and use the dough setting. When that is done, shape into two long loaves on a cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray and let rise until really puffy in a warm place (about an hour). Preheat your oven to 375. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Store leftovers in a paper bag. (Not plastic).
Best eaten within a couple of days.
Perfect with some soup or chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment