Sunday, May 30, 2010

Flavored Breakfast Syrups

In case I have convinced any of you to try the flavors from The Prepared Pantry (no they are not paying me to endorse them), I created a new way to use them this morning. I used the brown sugar flavor, but I'm sure they are all to die for.

Dieters beware--don't be shocked at the ingredients. Yes, this should be used sparingly, but no life isn't worth living without this syrup.

Flavored Syrup
1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup minus 1 TBS milk, add 1 TBS lemon juice, and let sit for 5 minutes)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-2 tsp. your choice of flavor from the Prepared Pantry (or any other extract or flavor)

Bring buttermilk, sugar, and butter to a boil. Take off heat. Add baking soda and 1 tsp. flavor and stir. Taste and add the rest of the flavoring as desired. Stir, serve immediately. (You can warm up later)


No comments:

Post a Comment