Monday, November 30, 2009

Superhero Cape Towels


Instead of PJ's this year, my boys are getting these capes inspired by Martha in this article. Of course, I had to SIMPLIFY, to make it work for me and here are my changes:

My tools and materials:

Bath Towel

Washcloth

Superhero Cape Template (from the link above)

Felt

Paper-backed fusible web

Straight Pins

Sewing Scissors

Matching Thread

Ironable Velcro (much easier than sewing on velcro)

I pretty much followed her directions, except I just appliqued the shield and the lightning bolt using the fusible web and a zig-zag stich.

I did not do a button and button hole like she did. I just followed the directions from the velcro to iron on a closure for the front to go around their necks. Measure around your neck (or your childs if it's not a surprise), and then iron one on the front of the towel, and the opposite piece on the back of the towel.
I've been meaning to make my boys these for a long time now. Check, check, check that off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment