Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What are you making this week?

Luckily, we still go to parents houses for Thanksgiving and I've never had to prepare the feast by myself. Tomorrow I am going to make Pumpkin Cheesecake (recipe from Joy), Pie Pops (minus the sucker stick part. I never have good luck with those things. They will be more like pie cookies) for the kiddies.

And I can't believe I'm saying this (and neither will the people I'm eating Thanksgiving with), I'm going to try to make a cranberry sauce. Out of real fresh cranberries. The direction is on the bag, and then I will add orange zest to it. I'm not a real traditionalist when it comes to Thanksgiving. We are all about Stove Top stuffing, no sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce etc. But Rachel Ray inspired me to try a real cranberry sauce. We'll see how that goes.

Every year, the women in my family also do a craft. This year we are trying the Scrabble Tile Pendants, which I saw at the craft fair for $5 each. I think we will be able to make them for less than 25cents each. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I made some of the scrabble tile pendants for Kambria for Christmas. They turned out pretty cute. I think it is fun to make your own.

    ReplyDelete