Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ultimate French Toast


Watching "The Best Thing I ever Ate" again, and Bobby Flay featured his favorite: Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast.

No so into peanut butter in the morning myself, but the batter intrigued me. Especially for a gal who only uses beaten eggs for my batter. If you are lucky I might get fancy and sprinkle a little cinammon on top.

And they actually told you the exact measurements on the segment. Thanks to DVR, I wrote it all down and tried it yesterday. It really is the best french toast I've ever had. It has a really nice melt-in-your mouth flavor. Try getting a little fancy next time you make French Toast.


Ultimate French Toast

Texas Toast Bread
Batter, whisk together the following:
3-4 Eggs
1/2 cup half and half, heavy cream, or milk (the more fattier options will give you a richer flavor, but your hips will thank you if you do the lower fat options)
3 T vanilla
1/4 cup orange juice
pinch cinammon
pinch salt
1 tsp. rum extract (we don't drink alcohol, but I did find some alcohol free rum flavoring, It would still taste good without this)
Dip your bread into the batter and fry on a hot skillet until golden brown on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment