Saturday, October 22, 2011

Awesome (free) wood projects

We (my husband and I) finished a couple of projects that have been our list for quite a while.
The first was these pallet shelves:
Photobucket

I got the idea here for the shelves and learned how to transfer the printed letters from here. The letters didn't transfer perfectly, but I think the worn letters complement the rustic shelves quite nicely.
I love the quote which is from the prophet of my church, President Thomas S. Monson. Now I can't wait to fill the shelves with photos and cute vintage things.

The second thing was to redo an old desk someone gave us. My husband sanded it and redid the drawers. I painted and used this technique to make the flowers.

Photobucket

Don't mind the dents in my wall. We won't get into that :)

3 comments:

  1. It's always good to check something off the list. The new projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool shelves! I love the quote you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shelve idea! When my husband and I redo our bedroom I think that this would be a great idea for our house. How did you get it to stick onto the wall just a hammer and nails? And then you just used a regular pallet and cut it in 3 sections is that correct?

    ReplyDelete