Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A heart-shaped Valentines Wreath


Okay, so I have like zero Valentines decorations. Nothing. Nada. So, I was thinking about making a wreath for the door. I liked the look of the rag ones I have seen. I'm trying to "use what I have" to craft method, so instead of buying a wire wreath I took this baby:And bent it into a rough heart shape.
Then I cut up a whole bunch of pink fabric into strips (approx. 1" by 7", but they don't have to be exact). I used old shirts, ribbon, fabric I already had, and baby clothes I had been given but were stained.

Then I tied them around the hanger wreath. It took awhile but turn on a good show and tie away! Wahlah! Number two on my list complete. And I didn't have to buy a thing!
See what you can get done when you focus!

11 comments:

  1. Cute! You have so much motivation! Way to go on using things you already have. I need to be better at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you used!!! Way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really precious - it is so impressive when someone is able to use their imagination and just what they have on hand! Yay you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I have this idea for wreath, can't find all the things I need for it, so I think I will have to make this one! Super cute, plus I have all sorts of scrap fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is A-dorable! And I love that you can just make it with stuff you already have! Free is an amazing price when you can make something so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for putting a link to craft eNVy...you're sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! I had the same idea last night and got as far as bending the coat hanger :) I am very motivated now, seeing how very cute yours turned out! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Julie,
    VERY cute! Love it! So glad you joined the surprise party today!
    Happy crafting!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete