Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The best bread-maker wheat bread

Sorry if the pictures are doing funky things. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Ok, if you are a die-hard breadmaker who grinds your own wheat and never goes to the bread store-this post is not for you.

For the rest of us, you've got to try this recipe. (If you have a breadmaker)

My mom got this from a friend. And I got a copy a few years ago because it was so delicious. And this time of year I'm all about the soups and casseroles, which this bread goes beautifully with. But, some of the ingredients aren't exactly things you can pick up from Wal-mart. So, print this out, and then gather the ingredients from wherever you can. It will be worth the effort.

And wheat bread in the breadmaker can be tricky. It's very likely that it will come out like a dry brick. Not this one though.

Breadmaker Wheat Bread

1 1/2 t yeast
1 1/2 c white flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1/3 c cracked wheat*
1 t salt
1 T dough enhancer*
4 t gluten

3 T honey
2 T oil
1 1/4 c warm water

Put in bread maker in order.
Use sweet bread setting.

*I had to research the cracked wheat. It's hard to find in stores. I was about the break out the hand-grinder from our emergency preparedness, when I saw we had a can of Morning Moo 9- Grain Cracked wheat that I opened.

*I got the dough enhancer and gluten at our local Preparedness Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment