Sunday, October 10, 2010

Simplified Mango Sticky Rice

DSC06705
Mango Sticky Rice: One of our good friends (and one of the best cooks I know) writes the food blog Salt and Flattery. He did a post on Mango Sticky Rice that looked soo good. But it was a little too extensive for me (and I couldn't find Thai sticky rice or have a bamboo steamer) So I did what we did best around here and simplified. It turned out pretty darn yummy. I would be curious to see how my simplified version compared to his. Here is my version:

Mango Sticky Rice

Ingredients:

1 Cup Thai Jasmine Rice (Found in the Asian Section)
1 Can (14 oz) Lite coconut milk
A little less than 1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 mangos, peeled and chopped (I used frozen that I thawed)


Mix the coconut milk, sugar, and salt and add enough water that it makes 1 3/4 cup liquid. Bring to a boil in a saucepan and add rice. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes without removing the lid. Stir in mangos and serve.


I thought it was delicious. My husband thought it was like dessert rice. Half of the kids liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment