Upstairs we had an "extra" catch-all room. This is what one wall looked like (which was painted with love a few years ago for a couple of cute little boys who are now downstairs). It needed a redo. It had black permanent marker in a few too many places.
Since this room is bigger than my daughters room and I had to paint anyway....I decided to move her over. I painted this yellow color.
But it needed a little decoration. So, I took these of these chargers ($1.99 each) that I got from the Hobby Lobby.
And then I cut some purple fabric scraps into strips.
And then I used Mod Podge to glue them down in a random fashion
Then I found a leaf pattern from my computer and cut out 5 leaves for each flower from heavy purple fabric.
I traced the plate and made a pattern so I would know where to place them around the center.
Then I used a paint roller to roll some fabric starch onto the leaf.
Then I pressed it onto the wall, slightly under the pattern and smoothed out. At this point you can use a sponge to spread more fabric starch onto the top of the leaf. (To remove the fabric from walls, just dampen and peel off)
And here are all of the petals:
Repeat for any other flowers you want.
To hang the chargers, we used Gorilla Glue to glue a teeth bracket to the back, then hung them on a nail in the center of the petals.
I'm happy with how it turned out. The flowers are big enough they take up an entire wall. I like the modern/shabby look of them.