Last night we had a church meeting for women on different aspects on being prepared. One of our teachers works at our local prison and had a few great tips I thought I would share. It's one of the things you hope you never have to use, but it's always good to be reminded. I can't remember all of them but here are a few:
1) Never park next to a "cargo" type van in a parking lot.
2) When you go out to your car, hold your one pointy key in between your index and middle, it could be a good way to poke an intruder in the eye!
3) If a stranger stops to ask for directions, etc, (even if it is a little old lady), at least keep arms distance away.
4) If you have GPS, don't label home "home"
5) Wasp spray can be used as pepper spray.
6) Change up routes and daily routines.
7) If someone throws an egg at your windshield, don't wipe it with your windshield. It will turn white, you will have to stop, and your attackers could get you. Instead drive the best you can until you can get to a public place and then stop.
8) Always lock your car while pumping gas. An intruder could get in on the opposite side of your car while you are pumping.
9) Sleep with your keys next to your bed, and then you can hit the panic button for your car and it will start beeping in case of an intruder in your home.
10) Strap your purse to your cart, so someone can't grab it easily.
11) Stay on levels 2-12 in a hotel. The first level is the most often broken into, the higher levels are harder to get to in a fire!
Hope this is a helpful. Have a happy and safe day!