Sorry, my mouth was watering too much to snap a photo before I devoured this delicious burger. You will have to let your taste buds picture it for you.
We got a BBQ Cookbook at a garage sales years ago, and this one of our favorite burgers. If you like Mexican and Burgers, this is the perfect marriage.
Adapted from Favorite Brand Name BBQ and outdoor Grilling
Guacamole (recipe follows)
1 pound ground beef
1/3 cup salsa
1/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
2 tbs. finely chopped onion
3 tbs. finely chopped cilantro (optional)
1 tsp. ground cumin
4 slices cheese
any other preferred toppings
1. Prepare grill. This tend to drip and fall apart easily, so you can use a drip pan.
2. Prepare guacamole.
3. Combine beef, salsa, tortilla chips, cilantro, onion and cumin in medium bowl.
Mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape mixture into 4 burgers.
4. Grill on covered grill about 8-10 minutes until desired doneness.
5. Place cheese on the burgers during last minute of grilling. Place on buns, top with guacamole and any other desired toppings.
1 ripe avocado
1 tbs. salsa
1 tsp. lime or lemon juice
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1. Mash avocado, leaving it slightly chunky.
2. Add other ingredients and mix.