Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Popcorn Connoisseurs


We (especially the hubbie) loves popcorn. He would rather have popcorn than brownies (I know!)
He makes it at least two times a week. Anyway, we saw an Alton Brown show the other day and he recommended using peanut oil to cook your popcorn. If you are like me I grew up on air-popped but the husband has to have stove-popped.
We use this crank-handled maker pictured above.
Anyway, we had to try it and I have to say it is really good. It has a distinct smell and taste, and I really like it. You might have to consume popcorn at least twice a week to tell the difference, but if you are obsessed like we are, you should really try it.
DSC05834

1 comment:

  1. I have a hubby who is obsessed with popcorn, too. I'd say that we have it 2 or 3 times a week, also. We have that popper and it is awesome. We like to put butter, parmesan cheese, and Johnny's seasoning salt on ours. Never tried the peanut oil.

    ReplyDelete