Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Gift

I don't know about the rest of you, but I always have a hard time thinking of something to get my husband on Valentine's Day. This year I decided to make something. And this is what I came up with:
I found this box around my house and I cut the top off.
I found some red "valentine-ish" paper and traced around the edges of the box.

I cut out the measured pieces and used Mod Podge to stick the paper to the box.

This is what it looked like with all the sides covered with the paper.


I used my digital scrapbooking program (that I love!) to make little signs that said "Happy Valentine's Day" and then underneath it I wrote a reason why I love him. I printed them off and then glued them to white cardstock and cut them into strips.

I folded them in half and filled little bags with some of his favorite candies and then stapled the reasons I love him to the tops.

I also made little coupons for various things like going to lunch at his favorite place or something we could do together. (With a new baby coming we just might need coupons to get out of the house! ;-) I put all the coupons in a little bag and sealed them together.

Then I stuck all the treats and coupons in the box with some tissue paper. And glued the "Happy Valentine's Day" message on the front.
What do you get your husband for Valentine's day? I am sure I will need another idea for next year!




5 comments:

  1. Turned out really cute! I'm a Valentines Day slacker. I did make a coupon book yesterday too. I was going to buy him some new work shoes, but I have a sick child and can't leave. Tis life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! I'm making coupons this year too! (From Jen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! I love the idea. I actually had a great valentine idea this year, but next year I'm sure I will need one. Thanks!
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I wish I had a color printer. Hopefully next year, I'm tucking this idea away to use then! To answer your question, I made this for my hubby for Christmas but it's so awesome I think it's going to cover his Valentine's day gift too!
    http://holy-craft.blogspot.com/2010/01/love-is-in-air-i-think-this-is-ultimate.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I love that!!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to my party!!!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete