Friday, March 19, 2010

The $2 Treat Tray

Confession: I don't make pretty looking desserts. I've come to accept that fact about myself. So, when I saw these I knew I could make something adorable that I could put my ugly treats on.


This will be a short tutorialette, for more details click on the link above.
I found two trays at the dollar store and two candle holders at DI. (Goodwill)
Then I cut up some scrapbook paper into one inch strips and started mod podging them onto the tray. Then I put two more coats on top, and when that dried I did one coat of spray shellac.
Then I filled the candle holders up with some fake flowers and gorilla glued that to the bottom of the tray.
Now I have to decide if I should glue them in a stack (kind of tall)
Or leave them as is, side by side. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. So creative!! How do you come up with that stuff?! I like them separate. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out cute! Please feel free to post this on Talented Tuesday tomorrow at My Frugal Family, found at theherberfamily.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out fabulously!

    Thanks for linking up at my link party!

    Be sure to join me Friday for another link party!

    ReplyDelete