Sunday, March 28, 2010

April Fools Day

Life has been a little busy lately, but I thought I would share a couple of things if you needed a little April Fools Day inspiration. Here is the dinner we made last year to trick dad, in case you didn't get Family Fun last year. It was a dinner of fish sticks, ketchup, peas, with a gummy worm coming out of an apple. We also replaced the cheetos with carrots, and the when you go to drink the juice you get an surprise when it is jell-o. The kids had fun tricking their dad.

The fish sticks were sugar wafers covered with peanut butter then dipped in crushed cereal. (Actually pretty yummy) The peas are rolled airheads and the ketchup is jam.

This year I think I might try a crazy menu where the kids will choose items from a list (like Disney Characters), and see what they end up with.

Today, I also tried something really yummy from Simply Designing. Almond Chocolate Meringues! Yum! And a lower sugar alternative to get your Sunday afternoon cookie fix.

Sorry I'm not posting anything too original. Hopefully I will get back to crafting soon. This week the kids are home all week, so we have to think of things to do to entertain them. Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment